Kendrick Almaguer, Esq.
Partner, Litigation Division
“Success takes many forms when it comes to litigation. It is in maintaining open communications in all aspects of the case that a positive result can be achieved. “
Kendrick Almaguer, Esq. is a Florida attorney that has spent his career litigating cases throughout the country. He has extensive experience in all aspects of a case having worked cases from inception through the appeal process. Kendrick has taken hundreds of cases to trial before juries and judges in both the state and federal courts of Florida. He has also argued in front of most of the appellate courts in the state of Florida, having participated in hundreds of appeals. He has conducted depositions throughout the country and has been instrumental in the preparation of cases that were tried in multiple states. When he is not at work, Kendrick enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys camping, watching football, and smoking meats.
Education & Accolades
Florida International University (Miami, FL)
Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice (2002)
- Minor: Psychology
St. Thomas University School of Law (Miami Gardens, FL)
Juris Doctor (2008)
- Cum Laude
- The Florida Bar (Admitted September 2008)
- Southern District of Florida | United States District Court
- Middle District of Florida | United States District Court
- Eleventh Circuit | United States Court of Appeals
- Intercultural Human Rights Law Review
- International Moot Court Honor Society (Vice President)
- Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition (Oralist and Brief Writer)
- Book Awards: Legal Writing II and Appellate Advocacy
- Florida Super Lawyers (2018)
The key to litigation is preparation. Being able to not only see the issues from your client’s perspectives but being able to anticipate the arguments that will be raised by the other side so that you can properly prepare for them. This requires an ability to think outside the box and be creative in all aspects of the case, from any pre-suit actions through trial and appeals. This is a collaborative effort between the lawyer, staff, and client in order to be successful.
Of utmost importance is setting and understanding expectations. When someone is involved in litigation it is usually a new and stressful event in their life. Having an attorney that they can trust is crucial during that process. I strive for my clients to understand what the case entails, and what the realistic expectations should be. By the client being informed and involved in the process gives the best chance to obtain the result that they are entitled to.
Representative sample of significant appellate successes
- Gmt Constr., Inc. v. Gulfside Supply, Inc., 116 So. 3d 515 (Fla. 3d DCA 2013)
- Dixon v. Express Equity Lending Group, LLLP, 125 So. 3d 965 (Fla. 4th DCA 2013)
- Trainor v. Trainor, 199 So. 3d 523 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016)
- Nowlin v. Nationstar Mortg., LLC, 193 So. 3d 1043 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016)
- Off Lease Only, Inc. v. LeJune Auto Wholesale, Inc., 187 So. 3d 868 (Fla. 3d DCA 2016)
- Floyd v. Bank of Am., N.A., 262 So. 3d 270 (Fla. 5th DCA 2019)
- Supersonic of Fla., Inc. v. Fleming, 317 So. 3d 1153 (Fla. 4th DCA 2021)
With a wide spectrum of practice areas, we are confident that our team of attorneys will be able to help you achieve your goals, address your concerns, and assess your situation with empathy.